Incheon Glabal Campus Housing Rules and Regulaions
Enacted June, 2017
Housing regulations of Incheon Global Campus Housing (hereafter “Housing”) are to ensure residents the harmonious communal life of
freedom and regulation. The regulations, therefore, pertain to terms and conditions residents should abide by for effective management,
operation and use of Housing and its facilities.
① The use of Housing facilities is restricted to residents.
② The president of Incheon Global Campus Foundation (hereafter "the president“) may permit non-residents to use the Housing for a
certain period of time only if the use of Housing corresponds to the purpose of Housing and ensured not to interfere with the
management of Housing.
① Residents should keep quiet during the quiet hours (24:00 to 06:00).
- Quiet hours might be changed during the special period (i.e. mid/final exam).
② Gate Closing time may be adjisted under special occasion after Leadership meeting.
Routine room inspections will be conducted with 24-hour prior notice.
① The resident may be present when the room inspection occurs. Room inspections consist of looking for unauthorized items in their residence.
② In the case of an emergency, such as fire or cases where the resident’s life is threatened, the room may be entered without prior consent from the resident to ensure their safety and well-being.
③In the case to make repairs to prevent damages to the property of the student and the University, the room may undergo an inspection without prior notice or consent from the resident.
④In cases of facility repair, residents may make arrangements with authorized personnel to enter their residence when they are absent or when the resident is present.
1)If after arranging an appointment where the resident would like to be present and the resident is not present, authorized personnel will enter the residence to make necessary repairs during the second appointment.
⑤ In all cases, the residents will be notified about the reason for the inspection or facility repair which took place in the residence as soon as possible.
① Foreign and local undergraduates and graduate school students, as well as, program participants in the IGC
② Those who are acknowledged by universities in the IGC and the Foundation approved by “ the president”.
1) Those who have given disciplinary action.
2) Those who have been evicted in the past.
3) Those who have taken a leave of absence or those who have not registered.
4) Those who have been exposed to an infectious disease.
5) Those who are not considered appropriate in a communal environment.
① There are both regular and mid-course selection procedures for residential eligibility.
1) Regular selection procedure: applicants are selected before the start of each semester.
2) Mid-course selection procedure: selection will be made through a waiting list.
② The committee of Housing decides the number of residents allowed. Each university has the discretion of selection of applicant.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents to their respective department.
1) Housing application form (including signed written pledge)
2) Medical health certificate
3) A copy of bankbook
4) Other required documents
Once application is accepted, applicant should submit all application forms and related documents within a required period.
Official duration is 16-weeks per semester. Exceptions will be made through official procedures for residents staying in dormitories during vacation periods.
① Room assignment will be made by the Housing regulations.
② Assigned rooms cannot be changed on his/her own discretion.
① Residents with a housing access card should carry it at all times.
② Lost card will be charged a fee when reissued a new access card.
③ Access cards may only be re-issued 3 times.
④ It is strictly forbidden to forge, transfer or lend access cards to others.
① Residents should make payment of Housing fee within the required period.
② If the payment is not confirmed within the period, the Housing will cancel the residency.
③ Mid-course residents are required to pay as follows.
④ Refund of Housing fee is basically not allowed, except in cases of extenuating circumstances (illness, military service, voluntary leave of absence etc.)
in which case, partial refunds may be refunded. Deposit will be returned upon checking for break or damage to the property.
|Within 4 weeks after check-in||75%|
|Within 8 weeks after check-in||50%|
|Within 12 weeks after check-in||25%|
|After 12 weeks after check-in||Ineligible|
① Residents are responsible for cleaning for their rooms, as well as for public areas.
② Residents are responsible for their own garbage handling and recycling.
③ Residents are responsible for fire prevention of their own rooms.
Residents are not allowed the following actions and non-compliance will result in restrictions.
1) Criminal acts such as physical assaults (including sexual assaults), theft, gambling, use and/or possession of illegal drugs etc.
2) Female residents entering male residents' rooms and vice versa.
3) Smoking (including electric cigarettes) and consumption of alcohol.
4) Borrowing or lending identities for the purpose of residing in the Housing.
5) Improperly receiving and opening others' mail.
6) Using the dorms' IP address to violate copyright laws, Information & Communications Network Laws and the Juvenile Protection Act.
7) Posting unethical and unpleasant words online and offline.
8) Bring-in or use of inflammables and explosives.
9) Improperly using, damaging (destruction) and exposing to danger of the Housing's public property.
10) Disturbance, loud noisy or violence.
11) Graffiti, advertisements, fliers and postings without permission.
12) Bringing in and keeping pets.
13) Leaving/entering dorms without permitted dates.
14) Checking out of the rooms without properly cleaning up and disarray.
15) Improperly altering, borrowing or lending access passes.
16) Use of electric appliances (refrigerators, electric kettles, electric blankets etc) in the room.
17) Using the emergency exit and windows for non-emergency purposes.
18) Providing accommodation to outsiders without prior permission.
19) Exchanging rooms without prior permission.
20) Uncooperative behavior during spot checks.
21) Leaving/entering Housing at the permitted hours.
22) Cooking and having food delivered to non-designated areas.
23) Refusal to follow orders from the Housing advisor, officers and staff (security guard.)
24) Failure to properly clean up after meals at designated eating areas.
25) Using the emergency stairs during non-emergencies.
① All residents should fully co-operate with both the Housing officers and the inspection officer during room inspections.
② The inspection officer has the right to enter dorm rooms without notification during emergencies.
Compensation for all damages and losses to the facilities and property should be paid in full.
Electric appliances are not allowed, but may be allowed in designated areas.
① The Housings are not responsible for the loss of personal belongs or valuable it
② Residents are fully responsible for their belongs.
① Residents may meet guests at specifically designated areas during the permitted hours between 09:00 - 22:00.
② Guests should show their ID cards to the Housing security guard and also record their personal information in the guest book.
The normal check-out is at the time of expiration of 16weeks, and residents are required to follow the check-out procedures.
Those who wish to check-out with specified reasons in the middle of the term should submit a withdrawal form to the Housing office 10 days (including holidays) prior to the desired check out date.
① “The president” may forcefully expel a resident with following reasons.
1) Non-registered students.
2) Non-payment or late payment of Housing fees.
3) Violation of Housing regulations.
4) Disorderly conduct in the Housings.
5) Not hand-in the required Housing application.
6) Those who considered ineligible for communal life by “the president”.
② Above mentioned eviction will be determined by “the president”.
1) Those who fall under the above category ① will have a chance to defend themselves.
2) Category ① will become effective when notification is given to the person.
3) Residents expelled due to item ① #4 and #6 will be notified about the reasons for their eviction, however, exception will be applied if things are urgent.
① Regular check-outs: submit check-out application by the due date.
② Mid course check-outs: on the date of approval, or on the date desired.
③ Those who forced eviction should check-out on the date of notification, or within 7 days including holidays.
④ Those checking-out under item 1), item 2) and item 3), must follow official procedures. Those who do not follow the official procedures will have penalties.
① Penalty point is imposed based on the attached Penalty Point Standard.
② Penalty point imposed according to category ① remains valid for a year. Those who get over 5 points are forced into eviction and can be restricted a re-admission.
③ According to the category ①, forced eviction and warning, one will be restricted to enter the Housing for 2 years from the date of eviction.
④ “The president” and the Housing officer can make resident who gets penalty point do a volunteer activity. Penalty point is deleted by volunteer activity
① Bonus point is imposed based on the attached Bonus Point Standard.
② Resident who receives penalty point can reduce as receiving bonus point, but a forced eviction is excepted
“The president” can expel resident who gets over 5 points or is forced in eviction from the Housing according to the attached Penalty Point Standard